Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Reason Why

So a popular question for me these days is "Why do you like your boyfriend?"
(or more like "OMG. You have a boyfriend?! Didn't know that was possible"... XDD)
Being asked so frequently, I've come to do a lot of thinking. And as it has been learned, when I think a lot about something, I blog. LOL.

The reason why I like Nairb really boils down to a simple sentence:
He's a really nice guy who makes me happy.
What's the full meaning behind that? Well, that involves a not-so-simple paragraph.

It's hard to describe why you like someone in general. For me, it was like a feeling that strated small and grew into something bigger; rather than just a WA-BAM-I-like-you kind of thing.

I think the moment my feelings started would be the first day I met him. Now, I don't mean it was "love at first sight". To be honest, I was really mean to him when we first met. Non-stop insulting him (because like... I didn't know he would be my boyfriend after a few months LOL). Usually, after being a bitch, a person would totally dislike you. At some point, the topic of my favorite candy came up (sour gummy worms Cx), and Nairb was like "I shall buy you some, if you'd like." Of course, I was just like "What? Something wrong with you? You're not supposed to give a bully candy." Then, unexpectedly, Nairb looked at me and said, "You see, because you're mean to me, I have to be twice as nice to you." I don't know about you, but that was a total turn on for me. LOL. I mean, all my life, I've always faced annoying people who are always like "If someone's mean to you, punch them in the face. and destroy all their pride. take revenge at all costs." I believe that if someone is being a bitch, you can't be a bitch back. Fighting fire with fire is only going to bring more fire! And so, hearing Nairb say that to me was just... it was like I found someone of my own kind o-o. I don't know. A set of emotions gets triggered when you've found that one person that is (or could be) what you've always wanted (or close to it). That was the beginning at least.

As time went on, I got to know him more and more. I love talking with him. I enjoy the stupid things he says. And he enjoys the stupid things I say. LOL. I feel a connection, a feeling that I don't feel with anyone else. At some point, I couldn't stand being just friends. Now, in my head, that's like a big sign for "THIS IS THE GUY". lol. Thus, it's all in the feels (of a personal connection and hormonal stuff).

But when a person asks "Why do you like him?" They're probably asking for an actual trait or characteristic. It's hard to say this without a love-sick, dasiy smile, but here goes:
A trait I like is his personality. his the glass-is-more-than-half-full personality. I love that he tries hard, tries his best at everything. I love even more how his persistence and stubborness challenges mine. His magical ability to make me laugh no matter what mood I'm in.

There's so much to love about him that it's hard to believe not everyone can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment