Monday, July 2, 2012

Creative Gift Ideas

I made a tiny gift for Ronny today. It was a lot of fun. However, I did run into a small problem in which I'd like to help others with :D. The one problem I had was coming up with an original and cute idea that can be homemade! I don't know about you, but I am just a teenager, and therefore, I cannot go out and buy a bunch of cool stuff for my boyfriend despite how much I want to. However, do not let an empty wallet stop you. What I've found are simple crafts that are pretty original and not too costly! :D.

note: they all have to do with writing a message of sorts, so ....hope you're okay with that XD;.

Idea #1: An Eggtastic Message!
ohparty.net
You've heard of messages in a bottle, but this is something entirely more unique and fun!

This is a really simple idea that is just adorable, in my opinion! x3 You don't need much either; just an egg, paper, pen, bowl and needle. The only item that I can really find causing some trouble is the needle. You might not have one on hand depending on the kind of person you are. The box and paint is really optional, but it's a really nice touch, so try it if you can ;D.
I find this a really neat idea because how often do you get messages in eggs? Unless you're the Easter Bunny, I doubt it's very often. Plus, it's fun to crack open eggs xD. It's not a lot of work, but contains a lot of thought in it. Thus, making it one lovable gift <3.

The only problem I have with this is the egg shell is hard to save once it's broken. Ultimately making it hard for the receiver to keep it for the memory. However, this gift is cool enough to be placed into their heart's memory, so it shouldn't be too much of a worry :)

Idea #2: Seven Days of Love
thedatingdivas.com
(link to the original has template for the love notes if you wanna check it out)

By putting a seven-day pill box, yummy candy, and heartfelt notes together, you can make one kick-ass treat for your loved one! Sounds simple, right? Well, only because it is simple. The final product looks absolutely fantastic though <3. Doesn't matter how much work you put into it. It's the thought that counts ^___^.

I don't know about you, but last time I checked,
(Candy + Love notes) x 7 = an awesome gift that'll make your special someone happy, and their tummy just as so ;D.

I like this one because it's inexpensive, easy to do, and will be a nice treat for the person <3. Shows thought and creativity ;D.
Idea #3: My Heart has Something to Tell You
homemade-gifts-made-easy.com
(link above leads to instructions on how to make the heart. dollar bill is unnecessary. any rectangular piece of paper will do).

Sometimes we can't poke holes in eggs or go to the convenience store to buy pill-boxes. And that's why I like this idea. Paper is like almost always available, and it's easy to fold this heart up in a few minutes. It's pretty and cute C: and not too time consuming.


Now, this heart isn't just a pretty face, it can also be used to express a special message ;D. After you're done making it, you can see that there's a flap on the bottom that you can open up. It's perfect for writing a sweet little message in ^__^.

You can surprise them by slipping it into their pocket, placing it on their desk, sneaking it into their lunchbox, or place it in their left shoe. You could always just give it to them directly as well. Whatever you wish xD.

ps. I made the blue on myself since I couldn't find a picture that fit what I wanted. I made it in a total of two minutes ('cuz I'm pro like that >D). However, the first time I made it, it took me about 10 minutes I think; mostly because I was trying to make it really perfect/nice looking by being careful xD.
pss. I've personally used this one xD. LOL. and Ronny loved it. It also made me feel so happy when I saw him put it in his bag for safe keeping (only to peak at it again later, and smile ^___^).

Idea #4: Sweet Outdoor Puns
radmegan.blogspot.com

This idea is for those nature loving people out there or even indoor people! This gift is cute and funny.

I like it because ..well, puns are fun, and it shows creativity xD. It's different from the norm. I mean, who'd think to give a rock and stick as a gift? I also love how the only thing that's gonna cost anything is the paint for the rocks. ...well, actually, you can even get a plain sharpie marker. I'm sure it's the same xD.

ShannonEileen-IOnlyHaveEyesForYou
Idea #5: Here's a Gif for You~
shannoneileenblog.typepad.com
I absolutely love this!! It's really cute, especially if you use your own pictures. And gifs are fun to make too :D.

It's a quick, sweet somethin' somethin' for you to send to that special person. It could be that lovely surprise they receive in their inbox to brighten up their day ;D. This gif is just an example. You can come up with something cheeky of your own x3. No need to get your hands dirty. No need to spend anything (unless you don't have a camera).

ps. if you don't know any good gif websites, then here's the one I usually use: gif maker
I like using this one because it doesn't limit the number of photos you use xD.

I was going to share like two more, but I'm kind of tired right now ^ ^;;. If you feel that none of these ideas fit what you want to express to your loved one, then go check out this epic site I found: http: Creative Ways to Say "I love you". It's full of all these cute little ideas :D. I got most (practically all) of the ideas I shared today from this site. <3.


note: If you're having a hard time writing the message/note part of the gift, then try looking up sweet quotes or listen to romantic songs or something of the sort to get your creative juices flowing. ;D

4 comments:

  1. luka:
    WAHHH !!! KAWAII DESUU *o* <3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Present Holders create amazing presents for the individual who has everything and are available for everyone and every event. Again according to me to look for one that is designed toward your recipient's passions.
    Gift Bags Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your simple gift ideas ,interested ideas you give nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A lot of appreciations! You are utmost creative. I was looking a cute gifts for boyfriend. Now nothing can be more cute than your ideas and creativity. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete