Saturday, May 5, 2012

It Feels Good to Read

I promised I'd blog by today.

but... >_____> I'm unbearably busy with that whole "becoming a better person" thing. It's more work than I thought at first xD;;. It should've been obvious that this wouldn't be easy, but I suppose I have a real bad habit of not thinking things through enough ^ ^;. Anyways, I've been doing good for the start of May (the time I'm supposed to start). I sort of gave up on the photoshop thing. I'm going to wait until the summer since photoshop takes up a lot of time apparently, and time is something I don't' have ;A;. But no worries! I have been learning new vocabulary... and guess what? //snicker snicker x3 I've been ....*drum roll plz~* ..reading!! ^3^ aren't you proud? Haha, I may ramble on about what a nerd I can be sometimes, but I really don't read as much as I should. The other day I went to the library with Choco-chan. And let me tell you this, it felt pretty darn good to go into a library again since I haven't done so in about a year.

shhh... I'm about to tell you a secret here now. Three or so years back, before I came to New York, I... *looks around cautiously* was a studious bookworm. LOL xD hard to believe, eh? None of meh friends can believe it so, either. I mean, I am the lazy one of the group who finds breathing to be a chore in itself, let alone the work it takes to read!

Something happened since three years back 'till now. I don't know what, but I just couldn't find the time to read. When I was young and living back in the suburban area, I had nothing to do but read. You need a car in order to go somewhere, and I wasn't old enough to go on my own, let alone drive. So what does a young lil' girl do when she has nothing else to do? read, of course xD. I'm not going to say anything crazy like "books where the adventures I wasn't allowed to experience as a kid." But what I will say is that it feels good to read; like really read for my own pleasure, and not for some school assignment xP. Made me feel smarter than the other lil' kiddies at my school xD. I get to learn stuff that schools don't always teach you. Reading about other people's experiences makes me feel like I'm experience them too. It's like I learned the same life lesson as the characters did in the story. Maybe I only learned a quarter of the intended lesson, but that's good enough for me. As long as I learn something, ne? xD. Haha, reading is m~a~g~i~c~a~l~ 8D *rainbow affect*.

Anyways, when I went to the library with Choco-chan, it was fun! :D or at least as fun as it can get at a library xD. I grabbed about six fat books off the shelf, all of which I want to read very much! LOL I must've annoyed Choco-chan a lot though xD. She reads a whole lot, and was suggesting books to me. But you see, I have this weird issue. I never read books that people suggest to me. I don't know why o___o. Like if you were to hand me a book, saying something like, "Emiko, you should read ___(instert foreign book name here)__. It's a really cool book :D." I'll be like "uh...sure. //secretly puts book back." ^ ^;; it's not that I don't trust other people's opinions. It's just a book looks so much more unappealing once someone suggests it to you. I guess I like feeling as if I'm the first to explore the book (even though I know some other random stranger probably did before me). Don't ask me why. It's just how things are xD.

Haha, but anyways, reading books will help me to become a smarter, better person. With this thought, I am going to read all the books I got at the library in a timely fashion. Usually, I get lazy, and take like three weeks to read one book. This time, I'm planning on reading two books in one weekend ^ ^. So I should finish all six books in a total of three weeks :). Choco-chan said she'll reward me with my favorite snack (that only she owns xD) if I can complete this task :D //is highly motivated!! Rin-chan doesn't believe I can do it ;A;. She has no faith in me whatsoever. Which makes me very sad D': ...and all the more determined to prove her wrong! XD. LOL I dunno why, but out of all the people in my group, I love annoying her most. She's just so much fun to pick on ^3^.

How I'm going to work exercising into my schedule is still a mystery, but I'll work it out somehow! XD. Haha, but in general, I've been more active in gym, and whatnot as well :D. And cutting back on the number of snacks I eat XD. LOL so I'm working hard ^ ^. Hopefully, I can achieve my goal :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi~
    Um a friend (aka Jessa) suggested this blog to meh. And I decided to read it today :D
    You sound like me in a way~
    How?
    Nah too lazy to type why xD
    Oh well, keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi masterqueen1998 :D
    Glad you checked out the site :D
    Emiko is a great friend to have.
    Emiko's blog is much better than mine.

    @Emiko: Reading is good *thumbs up*
    But too much at once isn't good for your eyes XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is awesome :D
    six books in three weeks? I think you can do it. Ganbatte, Emiko-chan!

    here's a bunch of quotes that made me laugh
    http://lifeinsidethebooks.weebly.com/maximum-ride-quotes.html
    (if you haven't read Maximum Ride, you might not understand some of the quotes, but some other ones are easier to understand xD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...i kind of understand your suggestion thing. anyways, my snacks ran out. sob sob boohoo. my mom was supposed to buy them but we had guests over and in the rush to get home early, she forgot...i feel neglectedd... but yea. you'll have to wait a while (a week-ish) I'm sooooooo sorry!
    and reading is totally magical. i feel like i enter a whole new world when i read. it takes me away from the madness and stress of life. its my stress-reliever :D
    corny but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To masterqueen1998,
    It makes me happy to have a new reader on my blog :D
    LOL and uh, glad I sound like you? xD
    and no worries ^__^, I shall strive on w/o a doubt!

    To Jessa,
    LOL Thanks for spreading the word 'bout my blog :D that's really nice >w<.
    And haha, I know~. I take a break from reading every few hours or so ^ ^. LOL I want to read, but ruining my eyes won't do me any good either xD.

    To Katrina,
    Thanks! :'D You're like one of the few who believes I can do this. LOL I mean do I really not read that often for people to have such disbelief in me? xD

    To Choco-chan,
    It's okay~. As long as I get meh snacks, I'll be happy ^ ^. I can be patient if I want to x3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Idiot Orchestra / Spare me ^ ^;

    READING! well too much of anything isn't good. I read 76 pages of The Most Boring book at the library and the librarian thought I was acting fishy...matter of fact, I had a juice box installed somewhere to explode. xD it makes a huge sound. Last time a bulb "accidentally" fell from the ceiling making a huge crash. :P So library = reading= hell. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tio: tsk, tsk, tsk, I'm glad I live around the world from you--although that was hilarious! Totally brightened up my day ^^
    @Emiko: Have you read any Shakespeare? How about Homeric epics? Do you have anything to suggest to us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Tio,
    LOL You're too weird for me sometimes XD.
    And finally! Someone who follows the same equational thinking when it comes to libraries/reading XD

    To Anonymous,
    I have read some Shakespeare recently :D. Romeo and Juliet XD.
    Never heard of Homeric Epics. I don't read that often >___>, and if I do, it's not very often that I read classics :T even though I've been wanting to.

    And I was going to talk about books in my next post! :D so be prepared~.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homeric Epics are like the Odyssey, Helen of Troy, and you know THOSE books written by HOMER? That's why its called the "HOMERIC Epics"? xD

    The Odyssey is good, I think I've skimmed through it a bit, and it was interesting...

    ReplyDelete