Saturday, April 16, 2011

War, Hate, and Setsuna

How can I not talk about this guy? He is my one and only. I love him so much ^ ^! Yes, yes, I know. He's just an anime character. How could I love him? Blah blah blah. Well like I said in my profile, I'm a total otaku. My love and obsession for Setsuna is similar to that of a typical teenager's love for some celebrity. The difference is that Setsuna isn't a real person xD. But I have fallen in love with his personality and looks. Setsuna is quiet, introverted, and wholeheartedly against war. He won't hesitate to die for his ideals. Though a self-proclaimed atheist, he often questions the motivations of God with people and worldly events. Setsuna is a really admirable character. I find his ideals similar to mine, and I feel like we have the same questions. I don't believe in god, and I too am an atheist. I'm more of a science kind of girl. I believe that God is just something created to give people hope. Setsuna also doesn't believe in god because of certain events that happened when he was little. He wants to understand why this world is distorted and why we have wars. "This world lives by being close together, and yet why do people wound each other?" -lyrics from Trust You by Yuna Ito. I like Gundam for these kinds of reasons. It's not one of those cliche princesses and happily ever after stories. It's about war, and people, and the author's ideas about what's the solution to war. Gundam really makes you think about the world. We have to understand each other first before we can have peace, and that's what I learned from Gundam. Think about if for while. Why do we all talk about peace, and yet there are still men out there dieing in war? Can't we all just understand each other? Can't  we just share what ever land or thing we're fighting for?
I don't know. What I'm saying might not make any sense or I just sound stupid for thinking that I know what I'm talking about. Either way these are the questions I have, and this is what I believe in. So if you don't like then go talk to someone who cares. (not to sound rude or anything)
Anyways I got a little off topic of Setsuna. I really really love this guy <3~. And I think he's probably the cutest man I'll ever see in my entire life time.
But for some reason all my friends just hate on him. They're always like "He's so ugly. How can you like him?" or "Ew. Setsuna's so fail, and he's like a Middle Eastern farmer." or "Setsuna's so stupid."
I always get so pissed off when they say such mean things. See these little comments and stupid ideas that people think is okay to say is probably what start wars. But since I'm a mature person (unlike my friends) I just say, "Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion." I think my "friends" just want to piss me off on purpose because they got kind of mad that I wasn't mad. They kept bashing on him even more, and even started hating on Gundam in general. They were saying how innovators were stupid, and how gundam was a stupid action manga, and talking on and on about things as if they knew what Gundam actually was. Until finally, I snapped and I was like "You know what!? Don't start talking as if you know what you're saying! It just makes you look like an idiot." and I kind of ignored them after that. I also didn't share my cereal bar with my friend. Yes, yes, I know it was sort of childish to ignore them and not share. But I couldn't help it. They made me angry. One of my friends actually started teasing me. "Emiko's pissed at us. We made fun of her precious Gundam." As if I'm not angry enough. I continued to ignore them though. But damn it! Why are people so annoying?! See this is what I mean by people not being able to understand each other. My friends don't understand anything about Gundam, but they decided it's okay to make fun of something that I love. My friends will probably start a massive world war III or something with their stupid comments. I just don't understand why they think it's okay to insult people. I don't understand what goes on in people's minds.
Ugh! I feel annoyed... (this entry was written in a very pissed off mood. i probably will feel stupid for writing this later, but whatever. i'm annoyed! grrrr >:\


Gundam has many different series (a new series is a whole entirly new story). The Gundam series I've been talking about is Gundam 00 (which in my opinion is the best series out of all the Gundam series) Here's a link, if you want to know more about Gundam 00: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00

^ ^ ta ta~

May 13, 2011
^ ^;; okay, well I just want to clear some things up. I was a little angry when I wrote this, so I don't really think that stupid comments like those start wars. With it did then that would be really stupid. Wars are started because people can't learn to share or doesn't like what the other is doing. In olden times we started wars for land and money. I think that is because we just don't know how to share. Why not live peacefully together sharing the land. I mean so what if someone moved next to you. You still go your piece of land right? xD I would compare this kind of idea to current wars, but I don't watch the news very often, so... ^ ^:; I'm very out dated with worldly events. However, wars do get started because of silly/stupid/offensive comments sometimes. Religion, for example. Some people say "Oh, you should believe in my god!" or "My god says you shouldn't do this, so I you'll be miserable after death!" or something like that. And then it's like children. We just keep arguing about it, and eventually it becomes really serious. Can't we all just agree to disagree? Like what Gundam has taught me: We must all understand each other before there can be real peace. When will that time come? . . .war is an interesting and complicated topic.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with with the thoughts about war and stuff. Setsuna... I wonder if you'll ever grow out of loving him. (No offense ok?)

    ReplyDelete