Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sopa?

Okay, so I must explain to you that I'm not a very.. news-y person.. like I don't update myself on the current events very often xD. So yesterday, when stupid wikipedia wouldn't let me use their website because of some "SOPA" thing, I was like WTF? I had no idea what was going on xD. Of course, my idiot self didn't bother to read the damn description xD so I was still lost. Anyways, I had to use wikipedia a lot yesterday, so I was very annoyed >__<. But~ after the third or fourth time of not being able to use wikipedia, I actually read what it said. LOL and even after that, I still had no idea what was going on. I was just like "Damn." xD yea~ I'm too simple minded to understand things :P. At the dinner table, my sister was like "Sopa~. Do you know what Sopa is~?" and I was like "...uh..the spanish word for soup?" My sister looked utterly confused xD she was like "What the hell? Where'd that come from?" Then I had to explain to her that I didn't know what "SOPA" is~ :P.
Oh ho ho~ so wikipedia is working again today :) so I searched it up~. SOPA is some kind of new thing (I think it's called a bill?) that might turn into a law. SOPA is short for "Stop Online Privacy Act." And yay! :D Now I understand what it is. . .Darn, it'd be better if it was soup >__< soup is yummy :3. There's also something called PIPA ..but I'm too lazy to look that up xD.
TT^TT... I'm still too simple minded to understand what the impact of all this is though. So my dad explained it to me xD. Supposedly, it intrudes on our freedom in the internet... or something like that. I'm not sure xD.
Sigh. I like my freedom D: nobody should take it away. So.. I guess I'm against this SOPA thing >:|
...^ ^;; but I'm not sure what to do now. I hear you can complain or probably join some kind of protest or idk... but that sounds like a lot of work xD;;. Gosh..but then I feel lazy if I don't do something. Haha, well I guess I'll figure something out later. Right now I gotta go to hell er- school~. ^ ^;

1 comment:

  1. JOIN THE PROTEST! *just called senators to oppose SOPA*
    all you do is search "Stop SOPA" in Google, and then click it and sign the petition :D

    ReplyDelete