Friday, August 5, 2011

A New Look

  Some of you might notice that I have changed the background of my blog. ^ ^~
I quite like it, if you ask me. :D It's so pretty right? I feel that the new blog background (^ ^;; i don't know what to call it other then "blog background". Is there a more proper word for it? If there is, comment below, please.) gives my blog a more fun aura to it. And the new background also makes things appear prettier :D. It's a little less green too xD. I think my early background was filled with just a little too much green. [hey I'm obsessed with the color, what can I say? ^ ^;;] I like the extra girly-ness to it as well. In my opinion, it also has an artistic appeal to it, that I just love <3~ . What do you think? Do you like this blog background better, or the old one (the green leafy one)? ....and I just noticed something. The picture doesn't appear unless you have your internet window browser open to the max, and not the minimized version. [meaning if you're reading this blog in an internet window not in the fullest size it can be then click the little square looking button on the top right corner next to the "X" button. then you can see the picture :)] <-- confusing directions, but just go with it ;)
I have Chaamal to thank for my new blog background though ^ ^. Chaamal is a wonderful person and artist that I found on deviantart: http://www.deviantart.com/ (many of you have probably heard about this website already, but here's the link just in case ^ ^).  And thankfully, Chaamal has kindly given me the permission to use her artwork for the background of my blog. Her deviations (what they call the different artworks on deviantart) are absolutely incredible~. I can't really describe it, but they appeal to my eye very much :). Meaning they're very very pretty xD. Her style of art is quite unique. Since it's so different from what I've seen before, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. They just make you want to say "Wow~!" And in my standards, that equals good art xD [wow reaction to art = good art]. So I shall give you a link to her deviantart profile page, so you can look at her artwork for yourself ^ ^. http://chaamal.deviantart.com/. I strongly urge you to click the link! :D I'm not the only one who feels that her art is beautiful because she has 2,300+ followers/watchers (including me). Which I find quite an achievement ^ ^. Oh, and the picture I used from Chaamal was called "Orange". Anyways, go check her art out, and tell me what you think. I always like to hear your opinions. :D

The only thing that I changed from Chaamal's picture, is that I had to make it a bit longer/wider/w.e. so that the pink part of the background could stretch all the way across my blog ^ ^. I also added the copyright information in the top left corner of there. I don't want copyright infringements o.o . So I had to look up "how to write a copyright statement" online ^ ^;;. I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do on the website I read from. Thus, I just had to wing it xD. The website said that I needed the signature of the person, but I think the note I was sent on deviantart would do right? ^ ^

So anyways, comment below on what you think of Chaamal's artwork. If you agree that its wonderful, then tell me ^ ^. If you don't like it, then please explain why because I don't see any reason as to why you wouldn't be wow-ed by her art. Also, tell me your opinion about the new background. :)

Here's a picture to help you compare the two ^ ^

No comments:

Post a Comment