Saturday, May 14, 2011

Drunk with Compliments

I think I talked about my science project in one of my older posts, but I don't think I really told any real details about it. I actually already finished my science project and my display board.
My school makes the students do a science project, a display board, and a presentation. I finished my presentation already like last Wednesday I believe. Anyways, I think I should tell you what my science project was about first. My science project was about gears. It was quite fun actually.
The creation of my display board and showing it off is probably the most exciting part of the story I'm about to tell you.
So it was like the weekend before my project was due, so I started typing the information that is needed to go onto my board. My dad is a total geek, and he knows it too xD. He decided to go all out on my board. My dad helped me make a fancy title for the display board; we used illustrator to make it. It said the problem for my experiment, and had the word gear in a bunch of different languages in the background. It looked pretty cool. Then my dad had the idea of printing the whole entire thing out on one sheet of paper. So we had Staples (a office supply store) print it out because our regular printer unfortunately can't print out a piece of paper that is 24 inches by 30-something inches. But Staples stupid printer was broken or something and kept printing the text over each other, so it looked bad. They tried printing it twice. That thing cost me $50! And they can't even print it correctly. So luckily, I got it for free! :D It was free because a store cannot give you a bad product or else I can sue them or something xD. Anyways, I make my board all cool and pretty.
Then comes presentation day '~'. I was so nervous. Before my presentation I had this weird feeling in my chest. It was as if something tugged my heart a little and then let go. That kept happening to me for about a week > <! I thought I had some kind of heart problem and got really worried. But my dad said it was just me experiencing anxiety. You should have seen how glad I was to find out I didn't have like some sort of heart cancer.
When I was in science class, and it was almost my turn to present, I kept complaining to my friend Cody that I was nervous. He was like "Don't worry you'll do fine. Just picture everyone in their underwear." I was like "Ew! That'll make things worse." But it made my laugh and feel a little better :).
When it was my turn to present, I went to the front of the class, put up my display board for all to see, and took a deep breath. It sure helped my confidence level to hear everyone go "Wow!" when they saw my board. I started reading my piece of paper with my speech on it, and I just started talking. I explained everything, and I only had to look at my speech a couple of times. I was a total pro. Then came the questioning time. Everyone seemed to understand everything I said. But there's always that one person who likes to mess you up by asking tough questions that barely relate to the topic. And in my case that person is called Kenji (I know I usually don't say names, but I think just letting you know one is okay).  Kenji asks so many questions. You should have seen the people who went before me. He would ask questions that they didn't know the answer to, and make them look stupid. Kenji caused a lot of people to go "Um.." and say "I don't know." They must have felt so embarrassed. Kenji can be so annoying sometimes. And I unfortunately so happened to be the girl he has a crush on. TT-TT so far in my life, only weirdos like me.
Even though Kenji has a crush on me, he still asked me hard to answer questions that made basically no sense. But over the year of knowing him, I learned how to understand Kenji's madness. So I understood what he was asking. Not only did I understand what he was trying to ask, I was able to think of an answer for all his questions in under 5 seconds. My teacher usually had to help people explain stuff to Kenji. But not me. All she did was nod her head and smile. So I was actually answering the questions correctly. I just kind of said whatever I thought was right xD. After he asked like his 5th question, I was like "Kenji, I think you've reached your questioning limit."  my science teacher laughed. My teacher would usually ask questions about the person's experiment and what they did because they didn't explain things enough. But I guess I covered everything because she only asked me about my board xD.
When I ended my presentation, my science teacher was like "You sure knew how to handle Kenji." The people before me would just let Kenji keep asking questions that confused them, and continue to make them look stupid. But once I realized that Kenji's questions were getting to hard for me, I stopped him so I saved myself from embarrassment.
The teacher has us grade our classmates' presentations, so at the end of the class period, everyone was telling me they gave me 4s. Some even said they gave me 5 which is over the grading limit. A lot of people was like "You handled Kenji so well!" and said stuff like "How did you answer Kenji's questions? That was crazy!" I was like, "Well, I noticed that Kenji kept asking weird questions for the previous people, so when I was preparing for my presentation, I created a list of possible questions that people might ask, and I created a list of possible questions Kenji would ask." They all laughed and thought I was really prepared.
I felt so happy! Never did I think I would do so well. I guess I'm just naturally awesome like that. Ha ha lolz. Just kidding.
And if that made me happy, guess how ecstatic I was when I found out the a teacher who teaches K.'s science class showed it to his class. I know basically almost everyone from K.'s class, so they came up to me and was like "I saw your board it was great." ^ ^ I was happy K. got to see because he now knows that I'm no plain girl. The amazing part is that K. is a grade higher than I, so that means his teacher was so impressed that he thought it was good enough to show people older than I.
I'm kind of a show off.. so I wanted everyone to see. I get high off of compliments. xD I guess you could say I got drunk with compliments. (*wiggles eyebrows funnily* like how I inserted the title into my story like that? Pretty cool huh? :D )

---
Epicness comes with a price... and I get a discount ;)


~ Emiko F. Seiei

No comments:

Post a Comment