Saturday, May 14, 2011

Group Poem: Epic Win!

On Friday during English, some kind of visitors came to my school. When visitors come we usually do group work. I'm not sure why. So my English teacher Ms. D, decided to make us do a poem about a picture. My table got a picture of some woman handing her baby to some man. We weren't sure if the baby was being taken away or if she was giving the baby away. The picture was kind of confusing because we didn't get any article or anything with it, so we had to guess everything ourselves.We all agreed that the picture was about some woman's baby being taken away. After we agreed about that, we started writing adjectives/words that came to mind when we saw the picture. When I noticed that we were spending too much time on adjectives, I said "Okay, now lets start writing some poem lines." I was sort of the manager for our table. ^ ^ watching the tv show Apprentice all the time is bound to teach you some good managing skills. After we wrote some poem lines individually, I read all of them, and combined them together. I took out some lines, and added some to have good transition. We were a team of 4. Ms. D turned the poem making task into a competition. Whichever team wrote the best poem would get 10 bonus points. We wanted to so badly beat our neighboring table. It was a table with Nyu-san, Luka-chan, and Jo. plus a guy who doesn't do much. My table wanted to beat them because Ms. D always goes on and on about how they (or at least the girls) are such good writers. So obviously we wanted to kick their asses. In the end this is what my table came up with:

Taken (like the movie)
Want in the Eyes,
Need for a Life,
Innocence of the Face,
Love for a Soul,
Premonition of
     Loss and sacrifice
The evil is dehumanizing, cornering.
Helplessness and the sacrifice of a 
    Mother's Love,
Which is seasoned by abandonment.
She is
Unable to care for,
Unable to protect.
A man taking her baby.
The woman, frightened of separation,
Worried for her baby's future,
    Who is now gone.
No idea of what happened,
No remembrance of his mother,
    His little feet growing,
Without a mother's
    Shadow. . .

Pretty good huh? Well it was good enough to kick that ass of the poem (poems have asses? xD) that table we wanted to beat wrote. Not only that, but it also won first place out of the whole class. We beat everybody! We won! Epic win!! :D
I'm so proud of our poem. I would say the name of my friends who helped made the poem, but I must protect the innocent from evil internet predators, and not reveal their names.
However I shall give some sort of credit to my group. Which'll be hard without saying their names.
I came up with the title! xD everyone laughed when I said "Taken...like the movie."
The first 4 lines was written by my lovely friend who's name starts with a Je.
The next 6 lines was written by a person who's name starts with Ke.
The next 7 lines was written by yours truly. (me! :D)
And the last 5 lines was a collaboration work by me and Je.
If you count that's only 3 people, and I said there was 4 of us. The fourth person wrote lines that was only repeating what we already wrote, so we didn't include anything of theirs, which I felt really bad about. But, hey, what was I suppose to do? We still gave them credit for writing the poem with us though.

ps. the indents, and weird capitalizations were done on purpose. poems are allowed to be weird like that xD.

---
Epicness comes with a price... and I get a discount ;)

~ Emiko F. Seiei

No comments:

Post a Comment