Monday, June 27, 2011

Word of the Day: Butyraceous

Butyraceous 
(bu-tyr-a-ceous)


This lovely word is an adjective. 
And the definition of this most interesting word is having the qualities of butter (or containing a substance like or relating to butter)[coud be simple described as a fancy word for the word, buttery]. ^ ^
sentence example founded from wordnik:
“It didn't help that the strangely butyraceous pool of oil that had suddenly appeared in the cardboard nacho holder was soaking through my pants.”

So I was watching the show Psych, and the episode had to do with a spelling bee. They said this word, and I had no idea what it meant xD, so I of course looked it up. It was a pretty funny word in my opinion. I don't know. I have a weird sense of humor. I guess since it's such a fancy word, I didn't expect it to have such a peculiar definition. Plus, it came from Psych, so I guess it was kind of expected xD.
I have yet to use this most ravishing word, but I hope I do soon. :) Big funny words are fun to use, and I shall promote that! :D
Thus, I have decided, I shall do something like this every once in a while. I'll find an interesting word and share it with you. That makes my blog fun and educational! ^ ^ great combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment