Friday, December 2, 2011

♫ ~On the Sidewalks of New York~ ♫

LOLOL IM TONE DEAF <33

My social studies teacher is a totally blunt person! xDD

Okay, so he decided that he was going to make us memorize a song, and make us sing it. He tested us on it today, and will count it as a test grade.

The song we had to remember was "On the Sidewalks of New York." Supposedly, it's historical and stuff, so he was like "Memorize it!" Sigh~ what a pain it was to learn this song xD. We're learning about immigration, and it was big in New York :T. Which is why I guess the song talks about New York... :3

I had to memorize the chorus and the first stanza.

Chorus
East side, West side
All around the town
The tots sand, "Ring-a-rosie"
"London bridge is falling down"
Boys and girls together
Me and Mamie O' Rourke
Tripped the light fantastic
On the sidewalks of New York
First stanza
Down in front of Casey's
Old brown wooden stoop
On a summer's evening
We formed a merry group
Boys and girls together
We would sing and waltz
While the "ginnie" played the organ
On the sidewalks of New York

So it was honestly easy to remember. It only took me a day to memorize x3. I practiced on Wednesday LOL I sang it so much that my lil' brother started singing it with me. And I practiced even more so that my sister even started singing it with me. My dad even started humming the tune that night as well. Haha~ but my entire family was annoyed at me for singing so much xD.
My brother was so adorable though!! He was trying to help me memorize the song. So when I sang "Ring-a-rosie" He'd run in a circle like in the ring around the rosie dance/game thing. When I sang "London bridges falling down," he'd pretended to be a bridge and fall down. LOL when I sang "Tripped the light fantastic," he would pretend to trip xD even though the song doesn't literally mean "trip." My brother is so nice and cute >w< I love him so much~!! <33
Anyways, in the end, I totally suck at singing, and I'm tone deaf. Therefore, even though I probably sang this song (and listened to the correct tune) I was not able to learn how to sing it correctly xD.

Today, was the day I had to sing it. I got all the words correct :D. But afterwards, my teacher stared down at me, and in the most serious voice he said "You know you're tone deaf right?"
I swear I wanted to burst out laughing at that point xDD. When he looked at me all serious, I thought he was going to tell me that I failed. I was so scared and nervous and worried. I felt like I was going to die xP. And out of all the things to say, he said that! LOLOL I had no idea what to say, so I was like "Yes I know ^ ^;;..." He then jotted something in his grading book and was like, "Okay good. As long as you know that. Well despite being tone deaf, you got a hundred because I could tell that you tried." I didn't expect him to be so blunt. LOL Sigh~ xDD That totally sucks!! Haha but it gave meh a good laugh~.

4 comments:

  1. just haaaa~~~d to comment for once. xD
    I'm tone deaf too, but i'm not allowed to sing in public, so...... would i be able to get an excuse if i was in your class?

    Hmm.... I wonder if you know who I am....

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous. . .

    hm~ idk if you'd get an excuse.
    maybe he's make you just dictate it instead of sing it?

    *thinks super hard*.... > < ....I have no idea. who are you? ^ ^;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi its the gleek or ydoc
    congradulations on your grade
    awwww what your brother did was so cutee
    teacher she is NOT TONE DEATH U HEAR ME SHE WAS JUST FRIGGN NERVOUS. SHE SANG INN ANNIE AS AN ORPAN.
    anyways why do u always end names with kun like bannana-kun, cheap-kun, etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Gleek-kun . . .

    I was not nervous xD
    I don't get nervous that easily, Gleek-kun~

    lol and I AM TONE DEAF~!

    I sang in Annie, but did you actually HEAR me sing??
    and if you did, you'd know that I CANT SING XD
    Just cuz I participated in a musical, doesn't mean I can sing. It just means we were on a shortage of good singers~ xD

    and I use "kun" at the end of names for boys because it's a Japanese thing. it's called an honorific.
    "chan" is for girls btw :3

    ReplyDelete