Friday, September 30, 2011

Suicide...

My friend has been talking about doing suicide quite often these days....it scares me...a lot. (let's call him Kashu) It's hard for me to tell if he's joking or serious at times. I'm not sure what to do. I worry for him. He's my friend, of course I worry about him. I desperately want to help him, but what am I supposed to say or do in this kind of scenario? At first my friends and I took it as him joking. I mean people exaggerates about this kind of thing sometimes. Trying to cheer him up thinking he was just a little bit sad, we said things like "Why? Suicide is obviously bad. Oh, but I once read a quote that went something like "Suicide is like telling god, 'You can't fire me! I quite!'". We all laughed at it, even Kashu-kun. It was quite funny at the time, since the quote is rather amusing. However, Kashu-kun has brought it up a couple of times now... He's always saying things like "I just want to end my life now." or "I'm seriously thinking about suicide!" Of course he tries to say it in a joking matter, so no one gets upset or begins to fret over it, but sometimes I just...I don't know. Something is troubling him...and that troubles me. Sigh~ I swear I worry too much. I'm gonna gain wrinkles this way xP. I think I'm over reacting a bit, but...you never know what people are truly feeling.
Anyways, from what I have been told, Kashu-kun's mom has a lot of expectations for him about school. Him and I are both in the honors class, so we are expected to get good grades and study hard. From what Kashu-kun has said, his mom really expects him to get 100s on every single test (which is very difficult since we're learning things a couple grades higher than we're supposed to), and has him study 'till the night's end. We all have expectations put upon us, but Kashu-kun's mom seems scary from what I've heard ^ ^;;. Exaggerations Kashu-kun might have made, but still, I feel kind of bad for him. I've talked to my dad about this problem (yesh, I share this kind of stuff w/ my parent ^ ^;;), and he's said that Kashu-kun is getting the feeling of expectations and parental pressure mixed up (or something like that...). My dad explained that expectations are like responsibilities that you have to try and full fill (or at least I think that's what he meant). I mean parents will be parents right? It's normal for them to want their child to do well, some more than others.
Hmm...this doesn't seem like much of a reason to seriously cause you to think of suicide. But nerds have it rough ^ ^;; ...
Nonetheless, Kashu-kun should realize the consequence of suicide, and stop joking about it. Sure, some people think that suicide is the easy way out, and everything just ends there. Sigh~ but it doesn't. Think about it, your parents have like, what?, 30-ish years left? You going to let them suffer for those 30 years, just so that you didn't? Quite a cowardly thing suicide is.
Life only gets worse before it gets better. That doesn't make much sense...but trust me. You just have to wait a bit. Good things come to those who wait.
I wonder...how I can help Kashu-kun...

Bleh :V gosh, this is too depressing. It's quite different from what I usually write about. Kashu-kun has just been worrying me a bit for a few days now...
Here's a website that kind of makes fun of the topic of suicide, but it does point out some good things: the ten minute suicide guide
you should read it if you're thinking about suicide...or if you just want a good laugh :3

...i dont think i made much sense in this entry today o.o ....but this is what i know and how i feel, so whatever ;P

2 comments:

  1. Whenever one of my friends are depressed like that, I don't tell them "look you need to stop joking around, nobody likes that" or something like that because it will make them feel worse. What I would do is just give them a hug or something to show that I care about them. When it's problems with parents, being with friends is the best way to be happy :] Just when he talks about death or something, give him a hug and tell him he's funny or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Miki. . .
    *nods* Okay. I shall try that :)
    thanks for the advice <3

    To Anonymous. . .
    ikr Dx
    people dying is depressing :(
    but i think telling him that would make it worse ^ ^;;

    ReplyDelete