Monday, October 17, 2011

Kids are an Adorable Pain in the Bum

Work doesn't seem fun anymore. It was exciting the first few days, but now my body is starting to feel the affect it has on me. I'm so tired lately :P!

There are some highlights/good things about the job though. The kids are just adorable!!(except for the few annoying ones). There's this one kid who reminds me of like a child monk xD. He's just so cute >w<. Lol I don't know why, but I have this fascination with monks :3. They're always so awesome in Chinese movies xD. ..sigh~ I watch too many movies :P. Anyways, back to subject. This kid though must have parents with good style taste because  for a first grader he has unusually stylish clothing that looks so cute x3. I love helping him too! He's one of the only kids there who actually tries to learn and do his work!! I also like how he's innocent and not snobby like some other kids.
I also like the part about my job where I get to walk these two children home. They live close by, so Boss-Lady has me walk them. One is a fourth grader boy, and the other is his first grader sister. They're both a hilarious duo xD. Always teaching me weird Chinese words LOL. Sigh~ but they're also kind of weird xD. The little girl today kept trying to smack my bum!! That's a real big no no zone! The boy likes to run around the place. So hard to keep up with him. Where do kids get all their energy?!

Today, I figured out that Kohai-chan has favoritism towards the kids ^ ^;;. Not that good because it makes a ton of them complain and whine. It can get really annoying. The kids all seem to like her though. I think they're warming up to me as well. Not many see me as an "authority figure." More of a ...very nice teacher lady(?). Thus, whenever I tell them to do something or say an order, they don't listen. ^ ^;; I'm too nice when it comes to children. I made one girl cry though! I felt so bad > <. She kept throwing puzzle pieces everywhere! I told her to nicely stop throwing them. She wouldn't listen. She actually had the nerve to ignore me! So I told her to stop it with a more enforcing tone, and stopped her hand from throwing the puzzle pieces. That crazy girl just wouldn't stop! So I grabbed onto them. She wouldn't let go. I started pulling onit, and started using my "scary, I'm going to blow up on you any second" authority voice. The girl is nuts though! My scary voice always works!! But it had no effect on her. She started screaming and crying, and I was just sick of it. The sound was killing me ears > <. The other kids were like "Just let her throw it. She's crying!" I was like "No way! She's not getting anything just because she cries." I really hate it when kids use the "if I don't get my way, I'm going to start crying" threat. Crying shouldn't have that kind of threatening power, so you won't get any sympathy from me just because you cry to get something (that's my belief anyways). Sigh~ so Kohai-chan came and was like, "What's going on?" Luckily, I didn't get in trouble for making a little girl cry ^ ^;;. Kohai-chan was smart enough to know that it was her throwing a tantrum. I was so shocked though because this little girl seems so nice, and she just randomly started throwing a fit. I didn't know what to do at the time Dx.

So the children can be a positive and a negative :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment